Request for tenders
Barrister Panel of Legal Expertise
The Pensions Board has a panel of barristers which undertake work on its behalf in one or more of the following areas:
- Pensions law;
- Regulatory law and prosecutions;
- Constitutional law; and
- Public administration law.
Barristers with relevant experience in one or more of the above areas who wish to be considered for this panel may register their interest by supplying the Board with the following information:
- Name, business address and contact details;
- Details of qualifications;
- Details of relevant area(s)for which you wish to be considered for work;
- Full details of opinion and court work in the areas you wish to be considered for work;
- Details of any potential or actual conflict of interest;
- Details of hourly and daily rates and VAT registration number, where applicable;
- Confirmation of whether you would be prepared to tender on a fixed fee basis;
- A valid tax clearance certificate; and
- Proof of professional insurance cover in the sum of €500,000.
Please note that registering your interest does not automatically mean inclusion on the panel. The Board does not guarantee to retain all those who are placed on its panel, and it reserves the right to consult and engage barristers and academic lawyers who are not on the panel. The Board retains discretion to dispense with the services of those placed on this panel.
Information on the work of the Board may be found on its website www.pensionsboard.ie
Responses may be sent by post to:
Head of Legal
The Pensions Board
28/30 Lower Mount Street